Quote Originally Posted by Grogah View Post
One can still be born a Quaker. Quakers make no "policy decisions". We are non-creadal, non-dogmatic, and have no clergy or central body which makes decisions for the faith.
ok, FINE!

The Religious Society of Friendsī yearly meeting in the UK came to the consensus that someoneīs religion is not based on their parentsī religion, therefore stopped offering lifelong memberships to The Religious Society of Friends to children born to parents who are members of The Religious Society of Friends (on that basis). Unless weīve changed our mind about that, I donīt attend much anymore.

Happy? See how much more effort that took to type?

And what's with calling yourselves Quaker, I thought the term was derogatory so wouldn't be used to describe one's self.
If I remember correctly, itīs from the early quakers literally "quaking" in meeting for worship. Nothing derogatory about that, as far as I can see, and itīs a lot easier on the mouth than trying to pronounce Friend in a way that makes the capital clear.

And a US president (or any "leader" of a country for that matter) who actually believed in non-violence would be an amazing thing...