Zephyr

Zephyr nodded to the Lieutenant. Zephyr's bearing was almost unconciously shifting to suit the environment - his stance even more erect, alert, and perhaps just a bit agressive than normal. Today's visit is mostly to get me acquainted with the Guard's system. I'd like the pertinent details such as manpower, the rough organization of said manpower, that sort of thing. Informally, I'd also like your opinion, and the opinion of any you think qualified to give it, on any problem areas or things that are in need of improvement. Myself and the other new administrators in Lotus have plans for expanding and improving the city, and the Guard needs to be able to meet those challenges.

Also, we're going to be setting up a new caravan guard, and probably employing a goodly number more men in the near future. We need to prepare for those changes as well. There'll be a good deal more in the future - I'd like to look over your training regimen, for example, and perhaps lend my expertise there, but today, I mostly simply want to get a feel for how the organization runs and start planning for what we need to do to make it run smoother. The Captain has been doing a good job, from what I see, but the needs of the city are going to change soon, and the guard will have to change, too.