So...was I the only person who liked Enterprise? Discounting about the first season (which I do for pretty much ANY show, since the actors are still getting to know their characters) I rather enjoyed it. I'm aware that it did all sorts of unholy things to continuity, but I don't care - the stories they were told were fun and ST has never had continuity as its strong point anyway. I considered the ST:E series to effectively be a reboot of canon in any case. Viewed through that lens, so the obsessive types can unbunch their panties, I put the last two seasons of ST:E just behind seasons 4-5 of ST:TNG and the Dominion War story arc in the "best Trek" category.

I felt that Archer had a good balance between James "I sleep with and/or shoot it" Kirk, and Jean-luc "let's talk about our feelings over a cup of Earl Gray, hot" Picard. And while the Temporal Cold War thing got old and, like all Time Travel plots, made for messy bookkeeping (I was half expecting Archer to be his own grandfather), the third and fourth season had a pleasant and irreverent spirit to them. The Mirror Universe episodes are, I thought, easily in the top 10 ST episodes of all time. Yet all I see on the 'net is "Enterprise was horrible and every involved should be shot in the face for daring to participate". What gives?

(For the record, the series finale was a slap in the face. The cast planned to refuse to film it, and I echo the words of Jolene Baylock...the finale was "appalling". I pin this one entirely on Berman & Braga, and it's telling that I can't find ANY positive feedback on the episode, from cast, crew, of fans, other than that B&B themselves provided.)