Quote Originally Posted by eminence_grise View Post
I'm thinking that it's inevitable that Parson will be switching sides. You can't properly be a Perfect Warlord, from a narrative perspective, when the deck is already stacked so massively in your favor. Narrative demands heroes to be underdogs, and the last series of strips is building Gobwin Knob to be a serious overdog. Ergo, Parson has to find other employment.

I wouldn't be surprised if he winds up taking Charlie's offer now, probably also swiping Sizemore when he leaves, as it is pretty clearly indicated that Sizemore will be by Parson's side to the end (or nearly).

There's also that fourth arkentool plotline dangling around loose. It would make for nice symmetry if that tool got dug up and put to use on Charlie's side, for a pleasing 2v2 War to End All Wars. Putting an ArkenShovel into Sizemore's hands has a certain ring to it, not that we have any idea what the fourth tool is yet. I don't think Parson will get his own tool, he's sufficiently plotworthy in his own right, he doesn't need any more help like that.
Parson MUST stay GK because of the spell that summoned him as well as the fact that we know the dirtamancer will have to continue to support him. What is more likely is that the Tool and Wanda leave (not together). So it will be parson in charge of GK and his only advantage will be the gems and no tools. Which will spark an entirely new strategy system that will be awesome.