Thread: [3.5 ToB] Maneuvers beyond level 9

1. - Top - End - #8
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5 ToB] Maneuvers beyond level 9

Quote Originally Posted by Djinn_In_Tonic View Post
    Awaken the Stone Dragon
    Stone Dragon (Strike)
    Level: Crusader 10, Swordsage 10,Warblade 10
    Prerequisites: 5 Stone Dragon maneuvers, (Homebrewed Epic Stone Dragon Feat), Martial Lore 28 ranks.
    Initiation Action: 1 standard action
    Range: Melee attack, 200ft. radius (see text)
    Target: One creature
    Epic Recharge: 4 hours (time before this maneuver can be re-used)

Your weapon slams into your hapless victim, driving them into the ground with such force that the earth erupts around them in a shower of dirt and rock. All that remains is a mangled corpse resting within an enormous crater.

As a part of this maneuver you make a single melee attack against a creature. If successful, your attack deals an extra 2d6 points of damage per Initiator level, and your foe must make a Fortitude save (DC 10 + 1/2 your Initiator level + your Strength modifier) or be have their Strength, Dexterity, and Constitution instantly reduced to 0 (this is not ability damage or ability drain, but does not affect Oozes, Elementals, Incorporeal Creatures, or creatures without a skeletal structure).

Additionally, regardless of the success of the attack, every creature within 200ft of you (except you) takes 1d6 points of damage per Initiator level (Reflex half, at the same DC). Finally, everything (except you) within the same radius is subject to the Earthquake spell, with a Caster Level equal to your Initiator level. The save DC for the Earthquake spell is Strength-based.
    Oh... My... God...
    This is REALLY COOL!
    I really like the "Epic Recharge Time" you introduced (never thought of that) and the Martial Lore prerequisite (now I better understand what you intended).
    IMHO this Manuever seems a little too strong for his level, but that's mainly because I consider 10th level Maneuver to be learnt by 21st level Martial Adept (whilst your Martial Lore prerequisite sets the minimum Martial Adept level to 25).

My intent is to create beyond-nine-level Maneuvers that can be easily learnt and used by newly-epic character.
    Regarding your Maneuver, I'd move it to level 11 or 12 (therefore restricting the access to level 25 or 29 Martial Adept).
    The Recharge Time is an interesting feature: I take a little time to consider its introduction.

Thanks!

P.S.
    Sorry for the double post...
    Last edited by HaZaRD; 2009-05-23 at 12:40 PM.
    I was born for war. In battle I find purpose, in conflict perfection, and in victory exaltation. The gods themselves envy my hour of glory.