Quote Originally Posted by Fredthefighter View Post
Wait a minute, I'm being corrected, and it isn't Curly or Kaelaroth who are correcting me. Weird.

Okay:
1) Maths ---> Math, could've possibly been a typo.
2) It may be a number, but we can't calculate it with a normal calculator.
3) Another mispelling there.
4) Recurring may have not been the best choice of words there. Decimal number might have been better.
5) I don't know much about binary.
6) There is no reason to get all To be honest, that shouldn't have gotten more than a really.
2) Normal calculators can't do calculus, either. Would you say that's mathematically impossible?
3) Misspelling has a double s.
4) That's an understatement. It was, as I said, the wrong word. Decimal number is also not right, as you have to specify that it goes on forever after the decimal point.
The actual definition of an irrational number, btw, is a number which cannot be written as a fraction p/q, with p,q integers.
5) 10 means two in binary, as opposed to ten in decimal. Why did you tell the joke if you didn't understand it?
6) Claiming the square root of -1 is mathematically impossible, thus implying that the whole theory of complex numbers does not exist, would merit a all on its own. Add your other mistakes? Definitely reason enough for me.
Remember, the reason I'm doing a maths degree is because I love the subject. And complex numbers specifically are brilliant.