1. - Top - End - #292
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: Avatar Battle Royale-Discussion Thread XXI: We're a Big, Happy, Dysfunctional Fam

Quote Originally Posted by Szilard View Post
    One, He starts in the present, goes to the past, and comes back. It takes place "now."

As for Jurassic park, it still took place in the present.

Also, time progresses in most books, movies, whatever, so technically all books could theoretically take place in the future.

I won't even get into the subject of alternate histories...(Not exactly sci-fi, but yeah.)
    It can't happen in the exact same nanosecond (the book might be writen in the same year or even day but not that close) none of those thing could (then it would start a the same exact second as the book is made, oh wait it would still happen after that point anyway as soon as any amount of time has passed) In back to the future he does travel back in time but it happens in the future (if it hadn't then he would have time traveled before the movie was made which would make it aternative history) back to the "now" thing; the present (aka when the work of fiction was made) doesn't change so it has to move past it, right

EDIT:

@Keris: Doubt the rules if you want I just said what I've been told. And Robin exists in the past so it's still in the past unless he live longenough to go past the present whereas Marty starts in the future (there goes several hours) whether or not he get's to the past is irrelevant since it technically happenbs past the present (the time travel starts in the future so it's a future event)
    Last edited by Mina Kobold; 2009-05-30 at 11:28 AM.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.