1. - Top - End - #297
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale-Discussion Thread XXI: We're a Big, Happy, Dysfunctional Fam

Quote Originally Posted by The Gremlin View Post
    Da-da-da-daaa! Mediator Gremlin to the rescue!
    The way I see it, this can be solved fairly easily, if people agree with me. Avbaroy has many futuristic weapons, and it has space (ship) whales, and robot aliens. As such, this would give it the label 'Sci-Fi'. However, it also has magic, and dragons. I would like to point out, though, that we often give 'physics' to the magic and stuff, thanks to MM. Not that this makes much difference, but all the same. Given that it has advanced weapons, and advanced technology in general, I call it steampunk. Steampunk isn't pure Sci-Fi, but rather a label for advanced technology. Or is it spacepunk? *shrug*
    Anyways, steampunk/spacepunk fantasy seems about right.
    Also, Keveak, clearly you are misinformed. There's a book, can't remember the title, in which a bunch of kids from our time stop an alien invasion (with help, of course). There are fantasy creatures, incidentally, but if there had not been, it would be Sci-Fi. Even though it happens in present-day time. Nanoseconds make no difference. It has to be a substantial difference to be 'the future'.
    Steampunk is actually a pseudo-Victorian setting with lots of brass, steam engines and Zeppelins. In my opinion, we can call all of the Avbaroy plots Schizotech Fantasy.

And it is Lying who invented Magic Physics.
    Last edited by Mad Mask; 2009-05-30 at 11:37 AM.