Quote Originally Posted by bluewind95 View Post
And... that's why I find Twilight to be so fascinating... but at the same time... I find it very frightening.
Great post, very insightful. I read the series as it came out, thought they were pleasant to read and finished the series. At the same time as enjoying them, many of the events and the characters were shallow, disturbing, or ridiculous and I didn't know why I liked the books except for the general feeling of enjoying the read.

I disagree with those who say that the writing is bad. It's difficult for me to write clearly. Even when the plot was strange or jumpy, she made it easy to follow and created a sense of action or excitement with her words (except book 4). Reading the books was very smooth and her skill at writing is excellent. I agree with the poster who said that the powers make sense a lot better than other series and are well thought out.

It's the story that is bad in my opinion. I think it portrays warped values or actions that are wrong as being good and presents an immature, shallow viewpoint.