View Single Post

Thread: Twilight - Love it, or Hate it?

1. - Top - End - #322
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Twilight - Love it, or Hate it?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Gareth View Post
    Don't worry about the formality - that's just your style ^_^

I don't necessarily hate all of "the classics" - this thread has just happened to bring up a couple I've got axes to grind against. Specific books I'd reccomend - classic or modern - include:

Spoiler
    Show
    The Invisible Man, 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea (and anything else by Jules Verne), The Portrait of Dorian Grey, A Conneticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court, American Gods (and anything by Neil Gaiman), Good Omens: The Nice and Accurate Prophecies of Agnes Nutter (Witch), Lolita, Sailor Nothing, House of Leaves (be careful with that one - it doesn't even buy you a drink before it rapes your brain), The Modern Prometheus (I prefer that title, so sue me), Stargirl (and its sequel), Watchmen (see also V for Vendetta)

The list goes on and on and on.

Are you sure you didn't mean to ask me what, specifically, I'm looking for in "good" literature?
    Thank you kindly.

And yes, I'm quite sure I asked you the appropriate question. The books themselves should give me an idea of what it is you look for in a narrative. And as an added bonus, any titles I do not recognize can now go on my "to read" list. It's win/win! ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Night Surgeon View Post
    THIS. This right here... Is why I fan boy over Phoe. :3
    Quoted for unalienable truth.
    I... have a fanboy? Since when?
    Last edited by PhoeKun; 2009-06-04 at 11:57 PM.