View Single Post

Thread: Erfworld 162

1. - Top - End - #268
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Erfworld 162

Quote Originally Posted by blackbird71 View Post
    I'll admit we got a bit off track, and offer my apology for my part in any hijacking.

To keep on track, I would like to bring back a question from one of my posts, which in and of itself is very much on topic. This question was intended directly for Rich:

You can justify including this page on your site any way you like, it's your site so frankly I don't care. What I would like to know is how you ever justify denying your readers the simple courtesy of an NSFW content warning? You say that you were trying to "shake out" some of your readers, but unless you were trying to do that by getting them fired, then I think you owe some of us an apology.
    The problem with your firing scenario is that it requires an employer absurdly strict enough to fire you for once coming across NSFW material unexpectedly, yet lax enough that reading of webcomics at work, won't merit a similar offence. There is always some risk in life.

Unfortunately any NSFW (swearing) label would have ruined the comic pacing as everyone would know what would happen ahead of time. Plus various synonyms for faeces have been used with no, or little comment.
    Last edited by Doran; 2009-06-05 at 05:37 PM.
    Exalted avatar remix by Musashi
    Original Avatar by Strawberries
    Character is Kin from Goblins