1. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [D&D 3.5 PrC Redux] UUUUUURRRRRRRRRPPPPPPP!

Not a bad update. I have a few suggestions balance wise. First though, a complement: I like the idea of powering class features with the drunkenness meter you've got going here. Very flavorful, very effective.

I don't think this class should add to Quick to Act and Discipline Focus for swordsages. Taking a PrC should involve losing class features of the base class. You already get that by having an inferior maneuver progression, but I see no reason for other class features to continue progressing too. I think that's too much.

Also, is there a reason to allow "and or one other discipline, chosen at first level" in the maneuvers list? Why not just let this focus on desert wind/setting sun only? A major restriction with most ToB PrCs is that they have much more limited access to the nine schools (Mot9 excluded of course).

Swaying Waist of Time Stance; a nitpick-y correction and a sanity check. First, you mention reducing the "dodge, attack and damage bonus you get from this stance." This stance does not provide an attack and damage bonus though, and I suspect that's left over from an earlier version of the ability. Next... As written, you could use this to get ten extra attacks in one round. Problematic I think. I would recommend limiting the extra attack to one, maaaaybe two a round.

Broken Hand Boxing. That is a bit too powerful I think, especially when combined with The Demon is Drunk. I would suggest removing the wisdom bonus from that, at which point it'll be fine. I would also suggest making it another stance like Swaying Waist of Time, so you have to choose between an offensive or defensive style, but not both.

An Waht Are YOU Lookin' At Strike. Going overboard here pretty badly. A sunder attempt against ALL protective effects? The logistics of the attack are truly staggering. I think this should be eliminated all together personally, and I'm not sure off the top of my head how I would salvage it--possibly just make it a strike that deals extra damage based on how many drinks you've got going at the moment.

The Demon is Drunk. Any reason this is a free action once per round instead of a swift action? The latter makes more sense to me and is considerably more eloquent I think. It also forces the player of this class to make a choice on what to use his/her swift actions on, which is a good balancing step.

Overall though, it's pretty cool. I might introduce a certain drunkard to my own players sometime with this.
    Last edited by Proven_Paradox; 2009-06-09 at 09:26 PM.