Quote Originally Posted by Tackyhillbillu View Post
Comments on Colonist:

Colonists should have better skill point progression then that. I'd say bump it up to 6, and drop down their BAB. Full BAB is for people who train all their lives in combat. A colonist is more of a jack of all trades.
Point taken and you're quite right. A colonist should be more like a bard than a fighter.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackyhillbillu View Post
Comments on Colonist:
Comments on Sailor:

And yeah, my point was that the Dread Pirate is a Captain. I'd envisage a Pirate PC class as representing the general crew. But a more generic sailor, with options for specialization sounds good.

Give him Insightful Strike (Swashbuckler Skill) except with Charisma. And I'd give him Skirmish, before Sneak Attack.
I was thinking sneak attack so that he could feint (or feint using an intimidate check) to open up the ability for sneak attack. And skirmish requires movement for full effect. Barring the act of boarding a ship or running up to a frightened villager, I don't think of sailors moving (under their own power, obviously the ship moves) that much in combat. At least when it gets to sword-fighting,that is; maybe at a distance with the pistol.

I will take it under advisement, though.