View Single Post

Thread: MacArthur's Folly IC

1. - Top - End - #156
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: MacArthur's Folly IC

HOE No-Fly Zone Tested

European Federation bombers based out of Greece today attempted to destroy the Bosphorus Bridge, a recent project by the Holy Ottoman Empire seeking to bridge the land gap between Europe and Asia across the Bosphorous Strait. The bridge is not yet completed, but construction has been proceeding at a rapid pace. The EF bombers were shot down before reaching the bridge by HOE anti-air batteries. In response, Sultan Osman IV has decreed an embargo on all EF trade passing through the Black Sea. The Sultan further warns that EF attempts at naval supremacy in the Eastern Mediterranean will not be tolerated. He gives the EF navy 48 hours to withdraw to the Ionian before shots are fired.

Puppy
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm going to call it a small operation and not have it count as losing any of your units. Unless you want to send a whole air unit to do it, but I'm warning you that if you do, you will just lose the whole unit. When I looked it up, apparently there was no bridge over the Dardanelles or the Bosphorous until the 70s. It was close enough to the current year that I decided the Turks had recently started working on it.

Suddenly Canadian

After hearing the specifics of Canadian immigration law, many of the American emigrants claim Canadian citizenship, providing documentation - some legitimate, some badly forged, much of it very well forged - proving their Canadian ancestry. Of course, there still remains the fact that the US is not asking Canada to enforce its immigration laws, but to extradite criminals. Anyone who has physically burned a draft card has been charged with destruction of federal property, and a blanket charge has been leveled at the rest for aiding and abetting fugitives.
    Last edited by Moody the Wise; 2009-06-12 at 11:01 AM.
    Ramm in Lords of the Elements
    Russia in The World is Dark

"I do not know what weapons we will use in World War Three, but in World War Four we will use sticks and stones."
    -Albert Einstein