Quote Originally Posted by foxtrotpenguin View Post
Oh, I'm sorry...

I plan on going Psion (Either Telepath or Metacreativity, if those are the correct terms). My biggest worry is not being flexible with my powers so I was wondering if anyone knows of any useful Class Varients, powers, or Prestige Classes added through Dragon magazine or the like.
Most of what you need is in the Expanded Psionics Handbook, although there are some neat powers and feats scattered around other places. Keep in mind that psionics offers several ways to increase your powers known if you feel your normal progression isn't enough. There's the Expanded Knowledge feat, which explicitly allows you to pick powers from other disciplines or even class lists; you can grab a couple of the nicer PsyWar powers that way. There's researching, which IIRC costs 100 xp/level of the power and takes one week. Again, this allows you to choose powers that would normally be restricted. One of the best ways you can spend your XP if you have a little downtime. And finally there's Psychic Reformation, which lets you re-pick your feats and powers known going all the way back to first level if you're willing to spend the XP.

Basically, for a Psion, there's no reason you shouldn't ever know whichever powers you feel like as long as you're not stuck on the concept of absolutely preserving your XP.