View Single Post

Thread: MacArthur's Folly IC

1. - Top - End - #163
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: MacArthur's Folly IC

Troop Withdrawal from Finland?
    In a surprising move, Ustinov has revoked previous orders from Khrushchev, claiming that it was an ill considered move, and that his predecessor has failed to consider the social political climate of the area.

"Khrushchev was a great man, but he did have him blind spot. You can't expect the Finnish to forget the centuries of Russian rule. If they are to join us, it must be of their own volition."

This had drawn several comments from the press, especially considering that he had previously held the post of the People's Commissary for Defence.

"When you are in charge of defence, you learn what war is like. And trust me. It's not fun. Its better to avoid it, but there are nonetheless times where it's necessary."

An offer to withdraw from Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Romania and Bulgaria have also been made. Should the people there not wish for Soviet rule, then troops will withdraw peacefully.

OOC: I think it would be better for all of us if we don't fight. Also, the other Nations don't really hate the Sovs that much I think. Withdraw the troops. To the Soviet-Ottoman border.
    Last edited by Silver Coin; 2009-06-19 at 01:08 AM.