View Single Post

Thread: [BleachITP] Episode 5: The Desert Judge

1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default [BleachITP] Episode 5: The Desert Judge

Spoiler
    Show
    I am totally winging this. Please bear with me, and if I do anything wrong please let me know so I can fix it. Thank you in advance!

This thread is to chronicle the return to Soul Society of my character, Kambei Shimada, The Gentle Judge. He has been away on a mission for a huge length of time. He is a former captain.

"It's been a long time, Soul Society." Kambei mused slightly. His two Zanpakutou, Mercy and Justice, were sheathed at his waist. Mercy stood behind his left shoulder in her spirit form, a beautiful young woman in a long, flowing white dress. Justice stood behind his right, wearing his normal shinigami captain's robes, his face disapproving.

"Why are we back here?" He asked calmly.

"Because I finished my mission, and something is telling me to come back here." Kambei replied quietly. "That is all you need to know."

Mercy smiled behind him, and carefully covered that smile with a hand. No need for the uptight Justice to see her laugh at him.

Kambei eyed them both carefully. They were the same Zanpakutou, really, but two different aspects of it. He shrugged slightly, and decided he would say nothing. No point.

The former captain sighed as he continued to walk. No need to hurry. No one was going to die while he was gone, or anything like that. No hurry. He'd been hunting hollows for years. No need to hurry anymore.

"Can we hurry up?" Justice asked plaintively.

"No." Kambei smiled at him. "We can't. You can. If you somehow get off my hip."

Mercy laughed, then quickly quieted herself. Even Justice was forced to smile.

Kambei popped his neck, letting the bones in his neck crack slightly. He flexed his hands, and adjusted his small, silver glasses. He did speed up a little, though.

Kambei's powerful eyes narrowed slightly as he felt a strange chill go through the air, then fade abruptly. He was still a ways away from Soul Society, but still felt the pulse of the reiatsu behind that cold.

"Huh." He muttered. "Huh."

Justice groaned. He, had he been able to control Kambei, would immediately have shunpoed straight to Soul Society.

Kambei was not about to do anything except continue to walk.

After a period of time, he arrived at Soul Society. He let his concentration slip, so relieved was he to see his old home.

And of course, his reiatsu slipped out, thanks to that lack of concentration.

Justice and Mercy tried not to scream at him. Justice in particular.

"Oops." Kambei told them with a smile. He grinned at stepped in.

"Home!" He grinned at the world, arms extended, eyes closed. Then he opened his eyes, and was immediately besieged by a small, annoying shinigami with a tight bun of hair and a tight face.

"Sirsirsirsirsirsirsir!" She cried.

"Whatwhatwhatwhatwhatwhatwhat?" Kambei asked her. Mercy and Justice flashed away behind him.

"Soul Society is..." She began, then stuttered and her eyes welled up in tears.

Kambei sank down to his knees, suddenly exactly at eye level. He put a massive hand on her shoulder. "What is it, little one?"

"Soul Society is AT WAR." She burst out.

Kambei went absolutely pale. "At war, you say?"

"Yes." The little research assistant bobbed her head. "At war."

Kambei stood up, and tapped her on the head. "Thank you. Excuse me now."

He shunpoed away.

Straight to 12th Division headquarters.

Kambei Shimada burst into the Headquarters, midnight blue reiatsu positively dripping off of him.

"Someone give me a good explanation of what's going on here!" He snarled. "Now."

Kambei Shimada, the laid-back Former-Captain was gone. In his place stood Kambei Shimada, The Desert Judge.
    Last edited by Shadowbane; 2009-06-20 at 02:42 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am a...

Neutral Good Human Cleric (2nd level)

Ability Scores:
    Strength- 14
    Dexterity- 11
    Constitution- 12
    Intelligence- 17
    Wisdom- 19
    Charisma- 17

Jarlaxle and Auradin avatars by Teutonic Knight