Quote Originally Posted by Omnik View Post
The meeting with Dynean

The following day, the delegates were called to the Great Hall. Barada was the only one to have met the Queen in the North before. All others were completely awed in her presence. The woman was tall and fair. Her sapphire blue skin and silver hair gleamed with a faint light. She was dressed in a long white dress. The delegates felt invigorated around her; her aura was powerful yet soothing. Only the undead from the Crimson Claw felt uncomfortable at her sight.

"Welcome my friends. I am honored to have such esteemed diplomats in my home. I am sorry to have left you waiting for so long... My duty was elsewhere. I hope the majordomo treated you well while I was gone. But now I am here and I will hear all of you. First, I bid Barada, the Aeriefolk, the Naradians and the Children of Uso to follow me for a meeting in the Council Chamber. Then I will hear personal requests. If you wish to talk to me alone, request an audience and I will meet with you during the afternoon. Finally, every delegation will be invited to take part in a great feast tonight, in this hall."

Spoiler
Show
OOC: The first meeting is meant to discuss the state of the alliance. Post your concerns, questions to Dynean or to the other delegations after this.

Armin & Krrth: The Hradani and the Saradites may request a personal audience with the Queen, but not take part in the first meeting. You may post a request even if the meeting is still going on.
The Meeting

Barada waits for the others to speak their piece before rising.

"First of all, I would like to be the first of my people to greet the newcomers who have joined us. We have brought the Hradani here. We have made bargains with them for defense in exchange for teaching. My people have invited them to join our alliance, but we were wondering if perhaps the Lady would be willing to extend an invitation herself, as she is the one who makes the decisions. I am interested in meeting these Saradites that have been introduced to us. I believe that our allies from the Order of Narade have been working to secure new allies as well, am I right?"

The Baradian Forest

The Baradans remain busy in Barada's abscence. Splittree continues to grow and thrive as a community, and they soon make contact with the Children of Uso themselves. Having met them before at Suncliff, dealings with them are congenial right from the get-go. They notice the unique hunting traditions of the merfolk, and ponder if such techniques could be applied on land. They ask the Children of Uso what they might consider a fair exchange for teaching this to the Baradans.

In the forest, a great miracle comes to pass. The circle of druids Barada has created to rule the Baradans in her abscence notice a group of mandrake plants that seem to have a spark of life in them. The Baradans perform an ancient fertility ritual, bathing the roots in milk, and feeding them drops of blood. The roots soon move, kicking and mewling like babies. The druids are in awe, and continue to tend to the plants, treating them with the love and care they would give their own children. The plants soon learn to speak and walk, and before long, they are a fully grown people. The druids take the newborn race under their wing, christening them "Killoren," an ancient word meaning "children of the forest." They teach the Killoren their ways, and many Killoren take to the Baradan way of life.

The druids then decide that in order to rule the Baradans more effectively, their influence must extend to everywhere the Baradans are. They form a system of government/religion, that sends one representitve from the Great Circle to each Baradan settlement, where they head a smaller circle that governs the settlement, the Great Circle gathering to discuss policies that affect the Baradans as a whole. They studied the ancient secrets of the fey and the wild places of the world. It wasn't long before the Baradans had set up something truly resembling a religion. No longer was it just a small cult surrounding Barada, but a faith for all people in connection with nature. They named the whole the Fellowship of Leaves.

Spoiler
Show
Battle: Heal
Creation - Race: the Killoren
Expansion: None
Religion: Convert the killoren
Technology: Way of the Forests