View Single Post

Thread: Break this class

1. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Default Re: Break this class

Quote Originally Posted by Belial_the_Leveler View Post
    OK, here's a base class I made some time ago, something between a caster and a warlock. I would like answers to the following questions;

1) Can the class be more powerful than a straight wizard or sorceror in combat? Assume good spell combos for the wizard or sorceror.
    2) How about a cleric or druid?
    3) How does the class compare to ToB classes power-wise?
    4) Are there any prestige class and/or feat choices that can break the class?
    I'd say you've done a good job on tying them down to the action economy at later levels although they still have the squishy SoL cannon thing at lower one's but hey, 1-3 is just a crap shoot anyway.

I'd peg it as somewhere just above ToB since it has Arcane magic but less speed than a Sorc, very playable and with your permission I'll nab it for a road test sometime since actual gameplay is the only real test and it can throw up all kinds of random crap.
    Last edited by mostlyharmful; 2009-07-04 at 04:02 AM.
    Give them bread and circusses and the plebs wont rise against you. Give adventurers dungeons and trapped chests and they won't waste time looking to ransack your home and kill your wife.