Quote Originally Posted by smellie_hippie View Post
Less of a depression post... more anxiety.

My daughter has a surgical consultation on Friday fro her TMJ. Meds have not been helping, physical therapy has been unsuccessful, and we are now hoping that surgery will be a quick and positive remedy.

Thoughts and well wishes (online or just as the thoughts arise) will be greatly appreciated. We'll know more after the weekend.
That's decidedly uncool. I was fortunate that my daughter's hospital visits were routine. She needed stitches in her head once when she was about 6. She had tubes put in her ears. She had her tonsils removed. Of course none of these are without risk and I was still anxious, it's the least anxious I could possibly have been in a hospital with my kiddo.

Here's the good news, as I read it, though. According to the Mayo Clinic website, the procedures for surgically treating TMJ don't appear to hold much more risk than that tonsilectomy that Bele needed. They exist and need to be considered, but they shouldn't be cause for excessive concern.

So, here's hoping for a) a successful, minimally invasive procedure that b) fixes the problem for good.

Following Bor's example, here's a patented *HUG PACK* which includes...
* An "it'll be okay" hug for Hello Fishy - full of well wishes for successful treatment
* A "get well soon" hug for Hello Fishy should the consult conclude that surgery is necessary - to be used after surgery - full of 120% of the RDA of healing thoughts
* A "group hug" for you, Moutain Faerie, DJ Sound Ghost, and Hello Fishy - is large enough for the whole family and reusable as needed - full of faith that all will turn out well - use in times of anxiety

As an added bonus, since you're a friend of the family, this *HUG PACK* is renewable as needed for no additional cost.