Quote Originally Posted by Hefty Lefty View Post
I can always count on Djinn!!

Guardian Strike: If the Defender got an AoO whenever the ally is attacked, wouldn't she get A TON of AoOs (like, at least one per round)? I like the idea of that, but isn't that way overpowered?
See the Rogue's Opportunist power. It's like this, but more useful (free AoO whenever an ally attacks a target). You could limit it to one such attack per round though.

Devastating Blow: I completly agree with +Xd6 where X is the character's Defender level (According to this new rule, why not get it at level 1?). Perhaps the target must also make a Fort save (DC = 10 + Defender's Defender level + 1/2 her ECL?) or be stunned?
I'd keep it at level 2 just to avoid a flood of abilities at level 1...or make it and Honored Ally the level 1 abilities, and put the rest later. Also, the Fortitude save or Stun (1 round) is a good idea. Now you just have to decide whether it's an X/day ability (gaining extra uses every other level), or an X/encounter ability (gaining extra uses every 3-4 levels...say, 1, 4, 7, 10...or 1, 5, 9), or a constant power when used on enemies who threaten the ally (in which case damage should decrease to 1d6/2 levels, the ability should be gained at second level, and the inflicted condition should be dazed instead of stunned.

Brave Alliance: We could simply move the effects of this and put them in Honored Ally at level one. Defender and Ally are resistant to Fear effects when, + (something) to Charm, + (something) to Attack and Damage (or perhaps AC instead of Damage?), when within 30 feet.
It could work...but if Honored Ally is already allowing save sharing, that's a powerful enough ability on its own. Either add this OR add Devastating Blow at level 1.

Adept Alliance: Yeah, should be level 1.
1 or 2, depending on what other abilities are in those levels. Don't flood level 1.

Capstone/Other Abilities: I was imagining something like... the ability to sense the location of the Ally even in total (and magical) darkness. Or perhaps one-way telepathy to the Ally. Any other ideas?
Hmmm...that doesn't quite fit the theme, in my mind. This guy seems less psuedo-magical and more martial. Perhaps the ability to, if adjacent to the ally, take any attacks that would hit the ally in place of that ally? For example...Finger of Death hits the ally, and the Defender is the one targeted? I'm not sure...just tossing ideas out there. Something a little better might be necessary.