View Single Post

Thread: Still Not Safe [M&M 2nd ed]

1. - Top - End - #236
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Still Not Safe [M&M 2nd ed]

Leave her alone, Todd." Ben spoke up, interrupting the caffeinated wonder's speech. It seemed that he had just woke up now that they were on the final approach to the island. "Don't you have better things to do than pick on a girl for acting like a human being during her first exposure to violence? Are you really that low?" he asked pointedly, his eyes narrowing at the other kid. He was getting more and more peeved by Todd's lack of connection to reality. He seemed to think that this entire experience was some game or a comic book. It wasn't just him, either. "Saving the world" wasn't some glamorous thing that they threw parades for. Even Devon and her lone ranger thing pissed him off. Todd was just the loudest of the bunch and hence was deserving of the most scorn at the moment.
    "Tch, fine. I'll quit it, for now at least. Just so long as she doesn't go crying in a corner again I'll keep my trap shut."

Todd stops pointing at Emi and leans back.

"Agreed," said Lorne, looking up from a book. "Fighting...is not something that should come naturally to anyone."
    "I dunno, other then fear I can't really think of anything that's more natural then fighting. Fight or flight and all that."
    Last edited by Matar; 2009-07-24 at 01:19 PM.