Quote Originally Posted by Cheesegear View Post
...In that case, don't bother with the Regimental Standard, since it only works when it's actually on the board.

I thought it would still count inside the Chimmy? Ah, well. Extra points. ^_^

Keep in mind that Tank Shock rarely works against any decent army. It just moves them out of the way. Make sure that your Tank doesn't end it's movement blocking line of sight from your Linesmen so they can shoot at them.
(I never rely on Tank Shock to help me with anything. Because it has repeatedly failed. So, my thoughts on the matter aren't very comprehensive)

I don't try to Tank Shock thier squads, you wait until thier in combat, then TS through the middle, (along the line of assault), and your squad and the enemy get split apart by a block of armour. Admittedly if they have a powerfist or Melta's it's the end of your tank.

Only if you use Combine Squads. Remember that part.

Oh. >.>

That FR,F!SR,F! was an afterthought. Like a bonus. They don't all have to be in range. Just...A lot of them. You don't have to optimise every single thing you do (although it does help). The difference between say...80 Lasgun shots and a Heavy Weapon Squad, is that, you (should) have another whole platoon of where those lasguns came from.

More lasguns the better, plus it leaves the Plasmas' out of range (If still taken, though it would be a point suck at that point.)

Heavy Weapons need to pick their targets. And every shot not killing something that a regular lasgun couldn't kill (a tank) is a shot wasted. You can't 'waste' lasguns. And if you somehow manage to do so, you clearly don't have enough lasguns.

That's the point in having so many squads. Lasgun-related death, even for Terminators!

But, the amount of men (50) is not to shoot lasguns. The goal is to have loads of bodies in the way so you can actually get into assault, and, maybe even win. If you're going to Assault, you have to remember that you're a Guardsman, and you suck at it. The only way to win Assault is with numbers.
Or, by softening the target with Blast Templates, Multiple Pinning checks and Ordnance.

Assault is more of an afterthought, the volley of 3 lasguns a piece for 9 troopers, plus whatever other squads get the Order can do damage to anything closing for Assault, leaving it vunerable when it charges one squad for the rest to close with it after and get the +1 Attack.

A squad with 5 'nade Launchers, backed up by a Heavy Weapon Team (the only kind of Heavy Weapon Team I support) of Mortars has no problem getting into assault. Being backed up by Ratlings is just icing.

I'm considering a few Grenade Launchers, now. One Platoon of Plassie, the other Launchers.

Storm Troopers don't need a Vendetta. They Infiltrate or Deep Strike for free. I'm also pretty sure that STs don't get their Airborne Assault bonus if they Grav Chute out. But, I'll check that, since the wording says that they might be able to - but I infiltrate mine (for the pinning checks), and so far haven't been impressed by the Valkyrie, so I haven't worried about it yet. Also, Grav Chuting also has the distinct possibility of killing you all far more easily than regular Deep Striking.

I suppose not, but I just like having them in it, so that they take the fire away from the single Vendetta, and lend support in thier role. (Fly out, land so that they bail out with a line of sight, but the Gunship stays behind cover, and hopefully taking out an expensive squad ( Armour 3+ one, obviously) before biting it and letting the Vendetta make it to round 2 for second tank-pickings.)

I think we just have differing stratagems, really.