View Single Post

Thread: d20 zombie apocalypse

1. - Top - End - #246
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: d20 zombie apocalypse

Hattoriko Ai

She was standing near the tactical maps she placed earlier.

"Most public or government buildings are running off backup power. The other buildings were dark. The hospital, naturally, is still powered by its own generators. They will not last long. Zombies seem attracted to light, I do not suggest we go to any of those places. Especially not the hospital -- they would have been obligated to take infected persons under their care."

It was cold, but it was probably correct. She would have been criticized for taking any survivors she found into such a risky place. Patiently waiting (all Japanese were passable at that), Ai kept listening for someone to start discussing where the group would go. She could offer her own suggestion after that.

A few seconds later, she appeared to have changed her mind. She spoke calmly, a person dedicated to helping others, some people might say a heroic personality in every sense of the word. She was not loud, nor was her tone harsh. "There is a slim possibility that someone is working on controlling whatever causes this. Or that there are wounded, or ill survivors. I do not want to leave them behind. I'm going to go to the hospital, you go wherever you like."

She gave everyone her radio frequency, checked her kit and equipment once more, then marched into the rain. She was going to the hospital. She would cross rooftops and lawns, roads, use public transportaton, and utilize any military or public services vehicles she could find.

She will not under any circumstances do anything she believes might break the law. She will not invade private homes unless absolutely necessary for personal survival (such as cutting through a house to avoid zombies).

Along the way, she thought about how her people preferred to follow. Sometimes it was just important that you were doing something, leading by action and hard work, contributing to what was clearly a moral thing.

Ai's updated Sheet
    Spoiler
    Show
    Female Human Fast Hero(2)
    BAB: +1
    Ranged: +4, Custom Howa Type 89-F (2d8 ballistic, Crit. 20, 80ft., 30 Rounds)
    Melee: +2, Rifle Butt (1d6+1 bludgeoning, Crit. 20)
    Defense: 22 HP: 16/16
    Saves: Fort+1, Ref+5, Will+0 Speed: 30ft.

Abilities: Str 12, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 10, Wis 10, Cha 12
    Talents: Increased Speed
    Feats: Simple Weapons Proficiency, Personal Firearms Proficiency, Armour Proficiency (medium), Point-Blank Shot, Defensive Martial Arts
    Skill Points: Balance+4, Hide+5, Knowledge (tactics)+5, Move Silently+5, Tumble+4, Read/Write English, Speak English

Equipment
    Spoiler
    Show
    Urban Fatigues
    Female-contoured Light-Duty Vest
    Mesh Vest
    Day Pack
    Urban Camouflage Poncho

Black BDUs (female sized)
    Professional walkie-talkie
    Night Vision Goggles
    Compass

Howa Type 89-F (Illuminator and Laser Sight)
    (3x) 5.56mmAP Box Magazines
    Flash Bang Grenade, Fragmentation Grenade, Smoke Grenade
    Claymore Mine
    Carrying: 41lbs.
    Light Load: More than 43lbs. because of Mesh Vest

Hair: Black Eyes: Brown, excellent visual acuity Build: Athletic
    Nationality: Japanese Gender: Female Age: 18

Ai-san no Howa Type 89-F
    Spoiler
    Show
    Howa Type 89-F
    2d8, Critical 20, 80ft. Range Increment
    13lbs., Large Size, 30 round 5.56mm Box Magazine
    Rate of Fire: S, A
    Restriction: Mil (+3)

Never exported because of strict laws, the Howa Type 89-F is a variant 5.56mm assault rifle used by the Rikujo Jietai. Ai's rifle is custom-built, and made to a higher standard than is usual, conferring a +3 bonus on all attack rolls. It has a folding stock, as well as accessories given to the Tokushu Sakusen Gun. These include a three-point sling, targeting laser, and illuminator.
    Notes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ai takes:
    (AP rounds receive a +2 bonus against targets wearing armour)

-1 Claymore Mine
    -1 Fragmentation Grenade
    -120 5.56mmAP rounds
    -1 Urban Camouflage Compact
    -Microphone Headset (prof. walklie talkie)
    -Black BDUs
    -1 Flash Bang Grenade
    -1 Smoke Grenade
    I noticed that my sheet only lists one extra skill, just so it plays properly, I will make the 2nd Military Occupational skill 'Demolitions' and remove one point from Knowledge: Tactics to put it on Demolitions.
    Last edited by Miyako; 2009-07-26 at 02:46 PM.