View Single Post

Thread: A Sword of Damascus Steel IC

1. - Top - End - #12
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: A Sword of Damascus Steel IC

A1-KO

In the first year of his self-awareness before his mind became as arcane as it is now Karen had preformed a series of experiments. She stimulated various programs in his code she believed allowed him the ability to feel emotion. His mind was far younger and less complex and the responses were equally juvenile and simple. Simple reactions similar to that of an animal when stimulated in such a manner.

He stood as still as his mechanical body could. Frozen by emotion. It came as a weight on his electronic mind. His body felt heavy and cumbersome obstinate to the unimpeachable data. Karen is, he began in his soul. He struggled to grasp the implications of the word he knew should precede; like a child. He had been too slow...

Inside him his faithful components warmed to electric charge as they and him began to adapt.

The mind crushing weight lifted. Mechanical thews twisted and bunched as much as they could. His body tensed as something more useful to survival replaced the weight. "Who," his alien vox-box painfully dragging out the human word. The crackle of static in his voice menaced the silent morning air.

The overwhelming rush of pain and anger was controlled and lightened him. With the same swift movements had he displayed before he swooped her in his arms. A small chance, he thought as indelicately moved to the lab were he intended to preserve her life.

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Soul - (2d6+4)[10]
    Last edited by Valgunn; 2009-07-29 at 04:22 AM.
    "I know a song that'll get on your nerves,
    Get on your nerves, Get on your nerves:
    I know a song that'll get on your nerves,
    Get on your nerves, Get on your nerves:
    I know a song that'll get on your nerves," - Nobody