Quote Originally Posted by Mad Mask View Post
And Q, if my deduction is correct, started playing D&D when he was at least 75 years old, since he doesn't know anything about 1e or 2e. Although he may have begun at age 45 or somesuch, if and only if he played the D&D basic set, stopped playing it when 1e came around and restarted playing it when he was 75 years old. Also weird.

And he talked about OotS racing games, being under the effect of childblocks and had bad spelling when he first joined up, but got better. Sounds pretty weird to me too.
1) Not that weird, I often don't want to play a game but when I see it or a new title in the series some years later I suddenly want to, Q could have thought the sane way (not thinking it looked interesting but when he see the new shiny version many years later it do) or simply not having heard of it before age 75 (my great grandparents had never heard about it when I told them and they are that old too)
2) actually being old means that he didn't grow up with the complex games we did so him liking racing games might not be as weird as you think, and bad spelling is to be suspected by a Canadian growing up that long ago (example; my grand father, when he was young it weren't a big deal that he didn't go to high school back then but doing so now would be)