1. - Top - End - #65
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Why do people think it's okay to keep trying to rob me?

Faulty: Um, what is this about reporters and police brutality?

Quote Originally Posted by Faulty View Post
    Just because they tried to break into a guys house doesn't immediately mean they're rapists or murderers or deserve to die. That's a tad extreme.
    On the other hand, home invasion is pretty damn traumatic and can easily lead to bad times, especially since, if one is invading a house while the occupants are there or even have a chance of being there, one has to be prepared for such an eventuality.

It's perfectly reasonable to assume that anyone who will break into one's home while one is there has the means and the will to do harm. Unless it's a bad comedy movie in which case it's just them being stupid and doing property damage. But the capacity for violence is still there.

And that is a question. What sort of shock/pain/disorientation is experienced from a less than lethal hit from rock salt?

And I would've sworn by now that there were rock salt rounds available to some extent for them to obtain to compare their jury-rigged shells with.

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade Paladin View Post
    What slug breaking? Considering that they were testing rock salt, there was no slug involved.

No, the methods are not very rigorous, but if rock salt can't penetrate cardboard, it's not going to do much to a man.
    There was an earlier posted link to a comparison between 20 gauge and 12 gauge shotguns for blowing holes in people.

Also, just because it doesn't cause lacerations doesn't mean it won't knock someone on their ass. Then again, maybe it does. I'm no firearms expert after all. Though, it did concede that 12 feet would probably cause a burn which is within the range they estimated for within a home and near it.

Because the only rubric of a shotgun's capability is actually tearing people apart so they die messily. Because blunt force trauma is nothing.

I mean, if you're getting into a gunfight, then yeah, rock salt rounds are a serious limitation, but for purposes of trigger happy intimidation ratchetting things down to wounding and stunning upon a misfire (except for at very close ranges, of course) from quite likely killing could be preferable in some cases.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2009-08-09 at 05:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide