View Single Post

Thread: Crack Pairings Matchup Table

1. - Top - End - #462
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Crack Pairings Matchup Table

Next section, I'll probably add some more later, too.
    Spoiler
    Show
    "What are you doing here?!"

Zz'dtri looked up from his ale and scowled. "Drinking. What are you doing?"

"Trying to come up with a way of convincing Vaarsuvius that any relationship with you is a bad idea." Haley said glaring at him

"Don't remember asking your opinion." He muttered, then resumed staring into his drink.

"I'm V's friend, I'm not going to sit around and let this happen. V's married you know."

"I know"

"And has a loving family."

"Had."

"...What?" Haley stared at him.

Zz'dtri looked up and raised an eyebrow. "Didn't tell you?" He smirked.

"What's happened to V's family?!"

"If you weren't told, there was a reason. I won't say."

Haley though over this silently for a few minutes before speaking again. "Fine then. Tell me what in the world led you to meeting again, much less not trying to kill each other."

"Got arrested by the lawyers and put in the same cell as me. I apologized for before. We talked." He paused to take a swig of ale. "Managed to escape together and went our separate ways, until now. That's it."

"And V confided in you about something important but didn't tell me?" Haley said incredulously.

"Needed to tell someone, I suppose."

"And what about you?"

"About me?"

"What happened to the whole 'Evil opposite' thing? Why the change of heart?"

The drow looked away. "Was just lonely, ok? No one cared about me before. Was just shunned, assumed to be evil."

"You're not evil?"

"Well, not that much." He said with slight smirk.

"Then why'd you join Nale's group?"

He shrugged. "Only one who would hire me."

"Oh. Still, why V?"

"I told you. Only person in a long time who has cared about me, who will stay with me. I needed a friend."

Haley frowned. "But you're more than a friend to V."

He shrugged "V already had friends. Suppose I had to be something more."

Haley was still frowning slightly. Then she sighed and stood up, leaving her drink half finished on the counter. "I think I need to talk to V." She paused, halfway to the door, and looked back. "Er... bye." She said, before continuing out into the street.

That was oddly tricky to write.
    Last edited by Zanaril; 2009-08-12 at 11:46 AM.
    This post may contain sarcasm.
    DeviantArt