1. - Top - End - #334
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXV: The Future (Imperfect) is...Soon

I'm not saying we should go for super-realism, but be a little less "Dragon Ball Z" with people with power levels over the edge, and more "action series". Crazy stunts should work, but when they get overdone the character doing it will face the consequences.

I'm not saying people shouldn't be allowed to use mêlée weapons either, but they shouldn't be the most common primary arm, given that in most circumstances guns will be better.

Quote Originally Posted by Grim ranger View Post
    How exactly cannot he match them? Let's see: you need many bullets to kill a person, usually. You only need one fireball to toast many persons, or one high-level attack spell like disintegrate to assassinate leaders. Also, while peacekeeprs can no doubt shoot well, they are still NPC:s, not something that regularly beats PC:s within inch of their life. They are not maybe mere mooks, but they are still very much killable.
    I repeat: Peacekeepers have a lot more than just guns (who usually don't kill instantly but simply knock someone out of the fight). They have grenades (which are cheaper than fireballs, by the way), rocket launchers, gatling guns (useful to defend a position), and many others.

And I don't believe in "PCs and NPCs" for ABR. There is no DM to control almost all people in the world, each character is controlled by someone else. Even the suicidal and incredibly stupid drows that exist only to die at the hand of the main cast.
    Last edited by Mad Mask; 2009-08-13 at 02:51 PM.