Neoclassic:

Honey, I'm 5'6" and 130lbs, or at least, I was for about half of my life. At this point in time, I think I might have put on a few pounds (five? maybe?), although my friends still tease me with "skinny" jokes.

("So, is it true that you have to run around in the shower to actually get wet?" "Can't be. If he's not careful, he's slip down the drain!" "...thanks, guys.")

It might be because you are female, and it might be that your body type does better with less weight, but frankly, I would want to see pictures and judge for myself before I would consider you anywhere near "needing to lose a few pounds".

Captain Happy:

It might not seem like it now, but your experience of actually going up and talking to her will help give you the confidence to go up to more strangers in a bid in getting to know them. Over time, it will get easier, and it will be more rewarding.

Rule of thumb on rejection: 95%. I.e., you need a nat 20.

Mr. Mud:

That depends.

Are you asking because your SO isn't paying attention to you?
Are you asking because you are insecure and worried that your SO is cheating on you?
Are you asking because you're just curious?
Are you asking because your SO might be talking to someone to whom you want to talk as well and you want her to pass on a message?
Are you asking because you are worried that your SO is plotting a surprise birthday party for you and you hate surprises?

Also, how would it be if the situation was reversed, keeping in mind that even if it is one way for you doesn't mean that it will be that way with the SO?