1. - Top - End - #74
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Relationship Woes and Advice, Trip to Baator

I wasn't exactly sure where to put this, but I figured this was the closest thing to what I was looking for...

Spoiler
    Show
    I just got back from a two week camp. It was a branch of an organization which we are not allowed to date at and signed contracts to that effects, and since it was sleep-away, technically nobody should have found a relationship there, but the staff didn't really enforce the rule as long as there were always six inches between people. Five or six days before camp ended, a guy I kind of knew came up to me and said "Didn't I kill you?" and that's how our friendship started. We were nigh inseparable for two days and went through a lot of teasing from people who said we were going out. I never had any interest in him romantically, but he told me the next day that he had a crush on me. Although I had somewhat guessed it when all my friends were whispering whenever I was around and kept asking him when he was going to tell me, suddenly the rather perverted jokes he always made seemed inappropriate as I now suspected they were not in the spirit of friendship. This still wouldn't have been a huge problem except that he started stalking me. He had to sit beside me at every meal, in every class, and he actually waited outside my cabin until bedtime. I didn't even feel safe around him anymore. He was extremely emotionally fragile, although because that didn't start until I knew him well, I think he just wanted the attention. Looking back, I'm kind of worried that I led him on at the beginning or gave off the wrong impression, even though I think I made it pretty clear that I wasn't interested in him that way. I'm wondering if I did the right thing, and if anyone out there has some advice, I'd really appreciate it.
    Last edited by Gem Flower; 2009-08-16 at 11:12 AM.
    Thank you Tiffanie Lirle for the totally awesome avatar!

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    So? This is the town. We don't listen to the laws of reality.
    We rewrote it for our own convenience.
    In memory of Gary Gygax, 1938-2008