View Single Post

Thread: Crack Pairings Matchup Table

1. - Top - End - #851
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Crack Pairings Matchup Table

Awesome banner. :)

Water-Smurf, that was amazing. The complexity and double-sidedness of their relationship is so well-written.... And their behaviour makes perfect sense, as well. V's perfectly in-character in disdaining inconsistency and wanting to know where to "categorize" Redcloak, Redcloak so believable in his reactions and the apparent struggle between... let's not say good and evil, but monster and non-monster. Like he's worryingly and consciously trying to tread a fine line between being "too soft" and becoming like Xykon.

Nice subtle detail with Blackwing, too. Redcloak should probably have picked up on that and reacted to it, as well, though. I mean, it's quite an obvious escape avenue for V if the raven gets away to carry a message, and Redcloak simply must know that spellcasters often have familiars... So I'm expecting him to, um, inquire to V about the nature of the raven as well in a future update. As well as perhaps any connections V may have to the elven adventuring party.

My only gripe is the "Please stop" lines from V. He just doesn't seem the type to beg for anything and it seems grossly out-of-character, especially followed up by that defiance just seconds later. In that situation, simply gritting his teeth and silently riding it out while glowering at Redcloak would seem more appropriate.

Aside from that, rock on. :) Perhaps redundant to mention, but I keep checking this thread for updates several times a day... XD
    Last edited by Kaytara; 2009-08-29 at 08:19 PM.
    *Above post: Additional terms and restrictions may apply.
    My old OotS fanart
    My art on Instagram