Quote Originally Posted by The Extinguisher View Post

Cleaning out my wallet today, I found an old picture of my ex tucked away behind old bus passes. I think it was in there so I'd always have a picture of her. I'm not sure what to do with it. Do I get rid of it (being the only picture I have) or do I keep it? Is that creepy?
I say it's yours, so do whatever you want with it. Keep in mind that there's a risk that your current or future girlfriend will find that photo.

It's okay to keep stuff from former relationships around, as long as you don't take it out every night, look at it for two hours while constantly sighing and yearning for lost times.

A bit of sentimentality and nostalgia is a normal and very human indulgence. It's obsession that can get creepy, especially to current or future girlfriends.

While we're on the topic of dealing with exes... Can you describe, or think of, negative aspects of her too, that would possibly have driven you nuts eventually? What I think has helped me a fair bit in coping with my breakup is that I know it was inevitable, and nowadays I'm convinced it was for the better. (Pro tip - a guy who hates cleaning and thrives in chaos and a girl with OCD do not fit.)