Hello!

I'm a little frightened by all you geeks and hardcore D&Ders out there that seem to know every letter of the rulebooks by heart, but if there's any audience that could probably answer my question in all its detail, I suppose it's you guys, so here goes (please don't kill me ):

I am trying to play a game called neverwinter nights 2, and as I've always been into throwing balls of fire at oponents and acquiring an amount of power that's absolutely disproportionate with the world around me, I tend to make spellcaster types of characters. However, I absolutely despise wasting hours of my time on end selecting the appropriate spells for the next dangerous encounter, casting 5 minutes worth of buffs, only to have to rest 2 seconds later, when everything is dead, just to prepare the next set.

Hence...Sorcerers !

I love sorcerers. You pick some spells when you level, charge into battle, unload everything you have, and only rest when the next oponent you meet can't be obliterated by whatever arsenal of spells you have left inside of that little ball of hatred that is your "spellbook".

Now, bear with me, because I've recently discovered a new branch of spells that does not belong in the boomboom or evocation category. Necromancy! There's a spell called 'finger of death' that you can sling at your target, and if it fails a save, it just...dies. How cool is that? You can storm at whatever, go "boo", and reanimate its corpse after that. The problem with this spell is that it can be saved or resisted, which just totally kills that whole "cool" thing you plan to have going on.

Wizards have a solution for this, which is by specializing in necromancy, taking the "red wizard of thay" prestige class, specializing some more, grabbing spell focus: Necromancy, and so on, and so forth...

Because wizards are totally boring, being a wizard is out of the question. The base question then is, what's my alternative as a sorcerer? I really don't want to lose my cool, so having people resist that finger of death should be out of the question.

That's the main problem right there.

Having said that, there's another problem going on. Thinking about necromancy possibilities, I have discovered the palemaster prestige class. You become partially undead and can summon undead and yadayada, but the idea behind it is, you go up a level in the whole cool thing. Nice. I want it.

Stop right there, the game says. You want to be cool, you pay for it. Half spellcaster progression for you, ha-ha. This is where you people come in. I want to retain my spellcasting abilities. I want to keep throwing fingers of death at stuff like never before. There has to be a way around this, right? (without altering game files or applying mods and patches).

What I'm basically trying to ask you is: How do I create a very effective necromancer, having levels in the palemaster prestige class? You can assume the character level to go up to 30, so 2 prestige classes in additional to the sorcerer base class is possible.

Thanks in advance!
D.