Quote Originally Posted by hawkboy772042 View Post
Here's a bit of background...

I met a girl that was going to Australia for 6 months a few weeks after we met, so I made an effort to see her. The date went well, but she didn't want to go to the backseat of her car.... I was fine with that, but she told me that it was because she wanted a serious relationship with me.

Fast forward 6 months, she's back, but now she's with someone. (The guy is still over there, traveling). I dated other girls in that time frame too, but nothing ever became serious enough for me to tell her. Also, I was never under an obligation to her since we never decided to be in a committed relationship before leaving.

However, I am hurt that she didn't tell me before seeing me in person and effectively lied to me. I'm not sure if I should remain friends with her (and I don't think I'd want to date her should she become single since I would not like any girlfriend of mine going out to see an old flame no matter how much I trust her judgment).
You held out for her, but it didn't work out... i wouldn't neccisarily call what she did lying or deceiving you as from what you've said you never asked if she was seeing anyone while she was back home, but i can understand your annoyment.

Look at it this way though - if you'd met someone while she was gone, would you have told her about it without her asking? Did you tell her about any of the other girls that you dated at all at the time?

Either way - i wouldn't work yourself up too much over it. Call it a learning experiance. Unless two people say they will wait for each other and make an argreement to that effect, then when a relationship goes on hold, it is for all intensive purposes broken up.