I think sleep dulls my nitpicking abilities. Anyway, here you go:

Spoiler
Show

It had all started when Sir Greenhilt had founded the party. I immediately noticed the rogue he had hired, Miss Haley Starshine by name. We elves traditionally are not in the least attracted to a defined gender; androgyny is what "turns us on", as I believe the expression is. Besides, I already had a hife and children at home. But my marriage was had been? arranged by our parents, and Inky (as I was forced to call hir) was not happy with me. Still, elven society forced us to give the impression that we loved one another, and I kept up this deception even out of the elven homeland.

Anyway,But this…this was different. Miss Starshine fascinated me strangely. I felt a strangepeculiar tingling in the region of my crotch, which I had never felt before. Elves have no special organs in that area; they reproduce asexually, by cell mitosis. At least, most elves diddo. Ever since my two-decade-long puberty at fifty, when I had developed my spellcasting powers d uring which I first developed my spellcasting powers or when my spellcasting powers first manifested themselves, I had noticed a strange cylindrical object protruding from between my legs. I made no mention of it, but when I was older my research told me that it was what the "male" members of the non-androgynous species used to reproduce. This worried me greatly, and finally I resolved to travel the lands, looking for mention of previous elves with this ailment. I joined up with the adventuring party for safety; I had already been accosted by several unsavoury individuals who apparently found me attractive. I was forced to scorch them a little, at which they usually? :P ran away, half-naked.

I digress. Miss Starshine and I shared a room at the caravanserai which we stayed in that night, for she took me for the only other woman in the group. I explained that elves are androgynous and reproduce asexually, a secret which she promised to keep to herself. There was a mirror on the wall next to my bed, and I caught myself sneaking peeks at Miss Starshine as she undressed. She was beautiful, I thoughtmused. Beautiful, but still a distraction, I told myself firmly. I hastily got into bed, trying to banish these treacherous thoughts from my mind.

I added that in because I think it makes the transition between the original last two sentences is smoother, but I guess it works both ways.

Uh, anyway, I agree with Zanaril’s comments. The story reads very much like a stream-of-consciousness ramble (the good sort of ramble, though). Though Diary of an Elf might be just as interesting to read.