Genesis
Act I, Part I : Raiders (More, More, Continued)
Starring : Reinholdt, Wolfbane, Jacklu and mooks.
Spoiler
Show

--The guardsman disappeared into the shack. Graham Villis, a 'veteran' guard of some twenty years, he hobbled back into the rear room, with it's mouldy stone walls, and racks of confiscated materials. His fingers ached, and his hip joint ground together painfully, momentos of a soldiering life years past, the slim key for the weapon rack jittering in his hands as he tried to work the lock. It snapped open with a rusty crack, and he discarded it quickly. He could hear the clacking of iron soled boots walking methodically across the floors he had just crossed, and he fumbled at the first weapon in the holder, a sturdy halberd that hadn't seen the light of day since he retired from the bloody fields of war.

Why didn't I stay with the Lord? Another year or two, and I would have been in the garrison, instead of deserting and ending up here... His hands shook, the sunken skin showing the strained tendons of his old, spotted hands. The indistinct shadow of that upstart corsair was on the wall. Graham knew it would be that one, with the dull iron rigging, the golden sword hilts, and purple patterned cloak. That one was the vicious leader of the bunch. He drew the shaft of the halberd back, feeling the knots and pits of the old oak wood. The shadow shifted as the corsair stepped through the door...

The old man twitched once, and only once. Reinholdt had stepped through the door and calmly shot him in the neck with his hand crossbow, the steel barbed tip meant for piercing armour found no resistance in leather and flesh. The prince could hear the barging against the gate, wrought iron with a wooden bar to keep it closed. His men threw themselves against it, pushing hard to crack the barrier open. He turned from the cooling corpse, and trotted back out to check thier progress.

And thier progress was excellent, just as he reached Wolif, the barring plank of wooden cracked inward, and with a final heave the gateway was opened, letting his now whooping corsairs horde inward. A small cohort of town guards held the path just inside, spears readied. The first of the raiders caught his arm on one, ripping through the cloak and into the leather jerkin, which slowed him enough for a second to jab into his gut, spilling entrails. Others in Reinholdt's party had far better luck, batting the questing points aside, stepping into thier guard and setting into the malitia with a passion, hacking at limb and torso until the defenders lay bleeding or dead on the ground.

Updated the actor list a bit early, in anticipation of the next update.