Shifter Wilders can select Egoist powers as a wilder, so that's an option.

Good powers work well with Wild Surge. Schism is an absolute must via Expanded Knowledge. Vigor + Share Pain (Even through a dorje get Share Pain) with your Psicrystal, and you can make a tank. I recommend Energy Stun, because it's a double threat direct damage power, something of which everybody should have at least 1 (For spellcasters, my favorite is Radiant Assault). Astral Construct is another good power (getting access to 9th level constructs 4 levels early is fun).

If you want to go for straight up action economy abuse, I recommend Synchronicity and Schism, and then focus on whatever. Twin Power is a must, as is Linked Power.

A good 9th level power from Complete Psionic is Stygian Conflagration. Since Wilders can spend loads more power points than anyone else, if you specialize in this power, at high levels you find yourself bestowing 1d4+7 negative levels within a 15 foot radius. For that you need Midnight Augmentation and a good essentia pool, and max wild surge. At other times, expect 1d4 negative levels, with increasing returns depending on how many PP you spend.

Stygian Bolt is also good. It grants a reflex save, but it also scales better, granting an additional 1d4 negative levels for every 4 PP you expend, in a 120 foot line.