1. - Top - End - #952
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Crack Pairings II - Brain Bleach not Supplied

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeIncluded View Post
    To be honest, I think you took it too far with the last one. These crack pairings are supposed to make us laugh while looking for the brain bleach, not just...I just think you went too far with that one. There are some things that you just can't joke about, you know?
    Without trying to be rude, I don't think that writing, even crack pairings, can be restricted to 'just' something. (Hell, there are children's books about molestation, people overdosing on drugs, alcoholism, and Hiroshima.) Writing is a product of the mind and heart, no matter how flippant the author is. It's a glance into the soul, fleeting and convoluted though it may be.

A lot of these crack pairings are meant to be funny, but a lot of them aren't. I can tell you that I never had the intention of making the V/R story funny, and I actually went out of my way to make it so realistic that it wouldn't actually seem like crack. (I do the same with all my romance stories--they're harder and more fun to write that way.)

I don't think that there really is a line that can't be crossed in writing and literature. There are things that will get us mad, yeah. There are things that will make us uncomfortable. But there's never a line where you can't write over. That's the heart of freedom of speech.

(I'm sure you guys realize by now that I'm very long-winded when I'm talking/typing, so in a nutshell, I said 'I disagree.')
    Last edited by Water-Smurf; 2009-10-06 at 06:10 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

The April Squickies Award for Best Crack Pairing Story

Thank you so much to Kaytara for the avatar! It's of Redcloak's and Vaarsuvius's love child.