1. - Top - End - #1033
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Shipping VIII: Yes, Eight. No, really. We are THAT insane.

Well, I guess that it's time for part 3. Here's the links to part 1 and part 2. Now enjoy yourself at a taste of my imagination and writing style. Enjoy!

Cast-
    EleventhHour
    Vulion
    Silverraptor

Spoiler
    Show
    Vulion stood in his office, looking out at the battle through the large window. A deep sadness was weighing down on him as his nation was being ripped apart right in front of him. Just then, someone opened his office door.

Sir! The evacuation copter will be here in 3 minutes.

Thank you, EleventhHour. But it's too late.

What do you mean?

Vulion points off at a clumped part of the enemies army. That is their artillary, and it's almost set up. This building won't be here in 3 minutes.

How did this happen?

I don't know... The two stare as the machines in the distance start to rotate and point in their direction. Vulion tenses while EleventhHour closes her eyes.

Just then, a brilliant flash of Blue Light strikes where the artillary was. A blast of bluish vapor erupts from the impact and Vulion see's that where the artillary was, nothing but red, yellow, and white hot rock and metal was in it's place. What the-?

EleventhHour opens her eye's. What happened?

Vulion turns to look out into the ocean. What he see's in the thick marine layer is the outline of a what looked like a Gigantic Battleship. He would've missed it if it weren't for the fact that the same blue light was appearing in the front section of the ship. Almost immediately, more smaller ships were emerging from the marine layer as the battleship fired the blue light again at another cluster of enemy troops, vaporizing all in the blast radius. It seems that maybe all isn't over just yet...

'We have a confirmed report that the majority of the enemies artillary and SAM's have been destroyed.'

Silverraptor was sitting in the command station of the Battleship. Holographic displays of the geographic area were displayed with accurate units on the field. His right hand was hovering in mid-air, yet there was a Holographic Light blue orb that enclosed around it. As he moved his fingers in determined motions, the orb would change the designs around it and the maps and functions would change. Pretty much, this was his mouse to a computer.

Good. That will make this easier. Deploy the Satocopters.

'Deploying now.' From each of the 14 crusier shaped ships came a dozen helecopter shaped vehicles that took off toward the shore. From the Battle Command that he was in, 30 of these Satocopters took off.

Have the fleet continue bombarding the shore on enemy positions. I want the landing party's to get there unscathed. He was answered as the crusiers began to open fired with similar blue light and was causing destruction where ever it landed.

--------------------

Satocopter 112 was flying in tight formation with those it took off with. With it's artificial intellegence, it scanned the area of every detail. Finally, it discovered a good area to set up one of many squads that were going to be positioned throughout the city.

Breaking formation, it flew low between the 6 story high buildings, following the streets, to it's destination. Upon turning right, it saw that the open area up ahead had 5 enemy tanks in view between the buildings. It launched 5 missles quickly and they sidewinded toward their targets with grim accuracy.

The destruction of the tanks caused the troops around them to panic, running in every direction. Just then, Satocopter 112 emerged into this open area that was enough room for mobility. It swirved backwards to slow it's advance. With many clicks, the satocopter was transforming, many of the joints were moving rapidly to fit together somewhere else. What then stood in it's place was a 2-story humanoid machine. It's left arm had the propellers on it that turned freely for a few seconds. Then the spinning increased as blue electricity started erupting from the center and spread out to the tips. When it was done, a semi-transparent blue energy screen was formed around the propellers.

Then the satocopter noticed that there were 3 tanks that were head of the 5 that it destroyed. All three nearly had the muzzles of their turrets trained on it. The satocopter quickly swung his left arm around and put it between it and the tanks, just as the tanks opened fire. The explosive projectiles hit the blue screen, but only caused a ripple each on the shield. Then emerging from the shield, the satocopter thrust it's right arm forward to reveal instead of a hand, there was a energy cannon. It fired three bursts in rapid succession and all three tanks were engulfed in blue plasma fire, before erupting into an explostion of hot metal.

Then there was the sound of ricocheting off the armored body of the satocopter as the troops on the ground began to open fire. On the satocopter's legs, 4 compartments opened up. From within these compartment popped out a dozen cat sized round capsules. Upon reaching the ground, 8 metallic cords popped out and it landed on top of them. Afterwards, they started to skitter around, spider-like, toward the enemy. From on top, mini-turrets appeared and began firing in quick sequience at the enemy troops, leaving burned out holes in the armor and bodies it hit. However, the enemy learned that these things weren't bullet proof as the spider capsules started breaking apart one by one by the volley of bullets.

The satocopter pointed it's right arm cannon at a cluster of troops and fired. The plasma impacted the enemy, leaving chared bone and melted metal in it's place. The remaining enemy troops began to dive into nearby buildings to avoid the copter fire. The satocopter had orders to not open fire at buildings. It instead sent an update report on what transpired.

------------------

'Our skirmish forces are announcing that they have successfully established cleared zones.'

Hmmm... Silverraptor survay's the holographic map. The battle was going better then expected. So far, none of the satocopters were lost in the first strike.

'Multiple Satocopters are reporting that enemy troops are holed out in numerous buildings. They are unable to get them due to your order on not firing at buildings and they are nearly depleted on spiders.'

Very well. Then this will change our strategy somewhat. We can actually begin assulting the enemy then establish a full defense perimeter. Launch pods to all satocopters who request them.

'Launching now.' And a seires of large objects are propelled from the ships and arc in mid-air, leaving a streak of smoke behind them.

-------------------

Satocopter 112 turned it's ocular lens up to see 4 projectiles arcing towards the clearing. It positioned itself appropriately to avoid any colliding with it. Each pod land with a land crunch as the ground under them dented under the impact. Then with a snap, hatches popped off and emerged ten high-armored soldier machines from each pod. Each machine had visors where there was suppose to be faces and each carried a specific weapon. 5 troops carried energy automatics, 3 had heavier versions, and 2 had high explosive launching devices.

The Metallics quickly rushed toward the doors and openings of the nearby buildings. Ricocheting sparks appeared on their armor, but they had no effect as the metallics fired their energy weapons into the buildings. Then an RPG soared out one of the windows and destroyed one of the metallics. Soon, the last bit of soldiers started using grenades and other explosive devices, destroying 2 more and damaging another, before the last enemy soldier was silenced.

Satocopter relayed the report back to the Battle Command.

-----------------------

'Reports are coming in that enemy forces have been neutralized in the first strike areas. Apparently, troop loss has been minimal.'

Excellent! This is definitely going our way. He looks out on the battlefield wondering why it was so easy. Then the answer came to him! Of course! I don't exist here that's why!

'What's that, sir?'

'The battle is going our way because I don't exist in this universe to begin with since I was assassinated. Therefore, all my technology hasn't been seen before in this world. That's why the Moral Justifiers are having trouble repelling our forces.

'Yes. It seems that that is indeed correct. Landing forces are nearly at the shore.'

Tell them to forget the order of establish a full defensive perimeter. Tell them to meet up with the first strike postions and advance on the front. It's time to repel the Moral Justifiers from this city once and for all!

Ah, man. This scene seemed shorter in my head. But I forgot that explaining something is 4 times longer then visualizing it. So I guess the battle will be put into sections. The next section of the battle will be part 4, so stay tuned.
    Last edited by Silverraptor; 2009-10-12 at 02:08 PM.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28