Quote Originally Posted by Kyronea View Post
May I ask why you despise him?
Only if you want an answer.

The main reasons are manyfold. I have at one point tried to play a game as DM with a little brother, resulting in him playing much like Belkar and stagnating the game, making it no fun for anyone. No one likes playing with someone who tries to make it all about him, and I find his desperate cries for attention annoying rather then endearing.

Second, I don't find him funny. At all.

Third, he is frankly one dimensional. There is no interesting characterization, no complexity, nothing. 'I stab things' is the extent of his characterization.

Fourth, I don't like the idea of a morally dodgy sidekick who acts evil so the hero doesn't have to get his hands dirty. Especially one like Belkar.

Fifth, he annoys me, in that he rolls a twenty every time, and everyone has to roll ones. Everything always goes his way.

Sixth, I feel he has stagnated the plot, and thanks to him the party can't continue to work to overcome their differences.

Seventh, despite being evil, he's not very good at it. He's a two-but thug, he has no dreams or goals of his own, doesn't aspire to anything. Boring, in other words.

Eight, He is rapidly begining to give of Author's pet vibes.

Ninth, the constant torment of the 'Belkar won't die!!1!!1' threads.

Those are the main ones. I have more, such as loosing my job to someone who looks suspiciously like Belkar () and the like, and how he reminds me of Richard from Looking For Group.