View Single Post

Thread: Crack Pairings 3 - 50% More Squick

1. - Top - End - #50
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Crack Pairings 3 - 50% More Squick

Hooray, dispensing advice is much more fun than actually putting in any work towards writing anything of my own! I wrote two fics waaaaay back in the Dark Ages of the second thread that give my ideas about the Order of the Scribble and what they might be like. But I've had a few more thoughts about them since then -- it got a bit long though, so I've spoilered it!

Spoiler
    Show

Basically, I think of Serini as a person who is essentially very sweet and very good, but who also has a completely wicked side that tends to manifest in being sex-obsessed, making filthy jokes and shocking Dorukan with the number of smutty songs she knows. This is based on the fact that she seemed to be the kindest and nicest member of the team in the crayon flashbacks, but we've seen her being a bit off-colour in her diary (making jokes about Lirian's 'magical door' etc!). Given the others' reactions to her chattering about taking a level in paladin during the flashback scene, I'd imagine she can also be a little bit hyper-perky and annoying at times -- much more like the perpetually cheery halfling stereotype than certain other OOTS characters we could name!

From hereon in it gets a bit more conjectural, and may also be affected by the fact that I haven't read SoD, but here goes!

I imagine Girard as being someone who thinks of himself as being a bit more of a bad-boy than he really is (a bit like Roy when he first met Miko!). He likes to cast flashy illusions and show off, is thoroughly aware of the fact that he's quite good-looking and tends to exploit it whenever possible. Interestingly, there was a thread a little while back that had a debate over whether the marks on his face were scars or a magical tattoo of some sort: I'd always assumed that they were scars, but the special sort of fantasy-novel scars that only make the hero look more brooding and handsome than he already did! I think he probably fulfils Roy's role of supplying the party sarcasm, and is probably quite well-educated, possibly having run away from some sort of aristocratic or otherwise-privileged background.

For some reason, I picture Lirian as being a bit like a calmer version of Haley, and Dorukan as a much smarter version of Elan -- definitely still a bit wide-eyed and wet behind the ears, though. I imagine that Lirian would have a special rapport with Soon, because they were both present when Mijung died, and thus presumably started the Order together, and because they are probably the oldest members of the party (assuming Lirian's subrace of elves ages at the same rate that V's does). I also picture them as both being LG, while Girard and Serini are probably CG, and that like in the OOTS, the Lawfuls in the party often have to spend a significant amount of time trying to restrain the Chaotics from doing whatever pops into their heads.

Kraagor I don't have much of an idea about, although I like your characterisation for him. I do wonder why Serini described him as 'mean, grr!' in her diary, though -- maybe she'd just annoyed him a little too much by being hyper and giggly at him that day.

On the other hand, we really know so little about them that I think all sorts of different characterisations are possible, and it would be great to see people doing different ones!
    Last edited by esmerelder; 2009-10-29 at 10:40 PM.

Many thanks, blue silk handkerchiefs, and small inarticulate hedgehog noises to Funky Goose for the sig banner!

Even more thanks to half-halfling for the adorable avatar, which is from this comic
    !