Quote Originally Posted by Melayl View Post
1) each element should have the same number of bonus skills available.
I disagree. The skill lists need a lot of work, but 'same number' is a bad measure of balance for skills. For instance, Air and Earth both have 3 skills, but Earth is sitting on 3 that are normally ignored by most players(barring search*) Much better to think of it as how many points would the typical player sink into these additional skills, and how powerful is that for them.

*Why oh why does this class have such unsynergistic skills when it comes to being a trapmonkey? Either he can search for some traps, or he can disable all of them, but not both. That's a bad design scheme, and honestly, as a primary spellcaster, not his job. To my knowledge, only a small handful of classes get access to trapfinding skills(ACF Ranger, Scout, Rogue), and none are primary spellcasters. If you want to keep it, that's not horrid, but keep in mind that you're going against the grain.

Air

You give them balance, tumble and jump, but why is an element that should never touch the ground using balance and jump?(I'm pretty sure tumble can be used mid-air) I'd give them:

Tumble - Rolling through the air
Speak Language - Hear the whispers of far off languages
Perform(Oratory, Song, Wind Instruments) - The music of air

-Casters love tumble so they can move away from melee to cast their spells, which will probably see a solid 1 point/level, while perform and speak language offer some social interaction, but not enough to cover the subject by themselves.

Fire

Again with the weird skills. Diplomacy on a fire element? When have you ever heard of fire being diplomatic? Here, I'd go:

Intimidate - Fire is scary stuff, and this helps reflect that
Climb & Jump - Fire is incredibly mobile
Perform(Dance) - Obvious

Water

Your choices for water are really appropriate with what the element is normally characterized as. However, compared to what I'm suggesting above, the list is too strong. I'd trim either diplomacy or disguise here, or add more elsewhere.

--------------
Ok, so far, while you've been missing the flavor I'm used to in the elements, you've at least had a unified idea of what each element is. With the last three, the flavor seems rather blurred between them.

Metal

If you're going to have a trap-monkey element, metal makes the most sense, and you might as well just go all or nothing, cause that's what your players will do if they're smart.

Trapfinding - not a skill, but necessary to use search properly in this manner
Search
Open Lock
Disable Device

Earth

Autohypnosis - Really, this could've gone in metal, but I think its full already, and Earth's a good fit anyway.
Hide & Move Silently

Wood

Huh, wood's an element. Seeing how its the only one that is actually organic, it makes the most sense for all the 'nature' skills.

Survival
Search + Track(feat) - Oh look, you can recognize someone's footprints in the dirt
Handle Animal
Ride - Just wouldn't feel right to be able to tame an animal but not be able to ride it.

Of course, there's also the fact that you're already working off a great list to start with. I mean, you've got know(all), spellcraft, concentration, listen, and spot. That alone can tie up 4+int skill points, unless you're casting stat is int, but I didn't see that listed. What is the casting stat?