Quote Originally Posted by Caldarin View Post
Here's a thought- scrap the base increases to stats and keep "the gift of darkness" feature, and make the damage and all that only apply when they're using it (and when they use the teleport feature). That way they're not totally ****ed every time they walk into combat

I currently have something similar for one of my characters- he's got a bit of an archfiend implanted inside of him, and can get a whole bunch of stat increases for a bit, but he takes 2d6 points of damage each round he's using it.
He can use it for 3 rounds/day without issue. Longer than that, he has to make a fortitude save each round (base DC 15+1/round used). If he fails that, he takes 5d6 points of damage and the ability ends for the day.'

He can, however, suppress and resume the ability as a free action (until he fails the save for the day)

- side note, why is archfiend in the dictionary while teleport isn't? teleportation isn't either...
I'm gonna do something like that.

I'll have this done...keep the base stats, scrap the save when damaged, and for the damage save put that in when the character is Gift of Darkness or Shadow Stepping only. I'll also remove the helpless portion.