View Single Post

Thread: Crack Pairings 3 - 50% More Squick

1. - Top - End - #990

Default Re: Crack Pairings 3 - 50% More Squick

Quote Originally Posted by Water-Smurf View Post
    *snip*
    I'm not quite sure how to react to this, so I'll give reactions.

Supportive
    Don't worry Water-Smurf, we all get into the 'I hate all my work' phase. I've been in it for the past several months now.

The break may help, but who knows. Just remember; we're all friends here, if you need any help.

Semi-Serious, a bit abrasive, and a bit argumental (for lack of a good word) - a bit longer, spoilered for length and excessive quote breaking-up.
    Spoiler
    Show
    *sighs*

I may drop off the radar for a while. I'm puttering out. Going through some rough stuff and, while it's therapeutic, I hate this wretched spawn masquerading as literature that I've been spewing for the past few days.
    Sorry to hear you're going through some bad times. That's no reason to not give yourself the full credit you deserve for the masterpiece you've made so far.

It's not up to my standards. Characterization is screwed up.
    They seem spot-on to me.

Plot line is mussed.
    Well, you see further than I do, so you might notice something I don't, but I don't see any problems with the plot.

Tiasal is one-dimensional and blank.
    I don't think so, but even if she, I don't really blame her, never knowing her parents and all.

V's canon kids have been butchered.
    Again, I don't think so. We haven't really seen much of them, and they've grown up a lot (probably gone through elf-puberty too), so it's near-impossible to butcher them.

I've turned V and Reddy into piles of goo.
    Not quite sure what you mean here. If it's characterization you're talking about, I disagree. If you mean then it's devolved into "I love you" "No, I love you", then I'd also disagree and say that at least it'd be cute.

Every other phrase is awkward and stilted.
    I don't think it's been awkward at all.

It's all total crap. I'm sick of hating everything I make.
    I really don't think it's total crap, but I can kind of see where you're coming from. I utterly detest most of what I write, and think it's all unworthy to wipe the bottom of the unholiest being in existence. We all go through that at times.

I'm going to try to hold off on posting anything until I'm in an emotional state more fit for writing stuff good enough for people to see. I don't know how long that will take. I'm not sure it's going to happen at this point.
    Sorry to hear you won't be posting anything new, I really do love your stories. That said, your health (emotional or physical) is more important than the stories, so make sure to take as long as you need, and then take some more time after that, alright?

Either way, I hope things get better for you, and I think I speak for all of us, the entire community, not just the CP community, when I say that we're here if you ever need somebody to talk to.

{Sorry if this post comes off as rude, rambly, jerk-ish, or anything like that.

Tired posting is about as dangerous as drunk posting, and maybe I'll regret posting this in the morning. I dunno.}
    Last edited by The Dark Fiddler; 2009-11-19 at 10:06 PM.
    It's been a bit, GitP. If you're reading this, you're either digging through old stuff, or I've posted for the first time in forever.

If you want to stay in touch, reach out to me on twitter (same username).

The best answer is always to ask your DM.
    Unless you're the DM, in which case you should talk to your players.