View Single Post

Thread: A20 (a new type of D20, not low magic)

1. - Top - End - #60
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: A20 (a new type of D20, not low magic)

Statistics
    Each character has 8 stats: Agility, which represents agility and physical grace; Constitution, which represents your resistance to disease and physical toughness; strength, which represents physical strength; Charisma, which represents your looks and personality; Intelligence, which represents your characters memory and book learning; Magic; which represents your characters ability to channel the magical energy flowing around the world; and willpower, which represents your characters mental resilience and common sense.

Each stat has a score between one and infinity. They are generated by either rolling 4d6 eight times and taking the best result each time, or by buying them with points.

When using the point buy method each stat begins at ten. You then get 15 points to spend on raising stats. No stat can be raised above 18 using the point buy method. You can spend a point to raise a stat one number, and can drop a stat below ten to gain one point per number.

Each stat also has a bonus or penalty based on the number, set out on the table below:
    {table]Stat|Bonus
    1|-5
    2-3|-4
    4-5|-3
    6-7|-2
    8-9|-1
    10-11|0
    12-13|+1
    14-15|+2
    16-17|+3
    18-19|+4
    20-21|+5
    22-23|+6
    24-25|+7
    26-27|+8
    28-29|+9
    30-31|+10
    32-33|+11
    34-35|+12
    36-37|+13
    38-39|+14
    40-41|+15[/table]
    Last edited by Anonymouswizard; 2009-11-22 at 07:53 AM.
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.