View Single Post

Thread: What's YOUR Label?

1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default What's YOUR Label?

Question bit:

A spin-off of my question on Hot Topic. People go on--in my school too--that they don't have a label, or that they're labeled incorrectly, or they have a unique label. So, I ask you all, what is YOUR label? Yes, you have one--or rather, a combination of many. Saying that you don't have one is fine too.

Now you can spin this question in a few direction, but it all comes down to what you consider to be your own sense of style and/or fashion. Just because you wear a t-shirt all the time doesn't mean it's your sense of style; keep that in mind.

---------------------------------------

Personal bit:

Me? I wear jeans, work boots, a random t-shirt and a nice open button-down over top of that. I also wear a nice fedora with a purple pinstripe sash. That's what I wear. With that in mind, I don't know what to label myself besides a very beige "Indie".

Personally, I'd much rather wear a frock of my own design--like a quilt--that can be customized into multiple forms. Here's a description of a character I made that uses my very own sense of style:

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Boo View Post
    [A] finely crafted frock. An assortment of patches are loosely sewn in to cover a thousand holes. The bottom is symmetrically jagged with jangle bells hanging from the peaks, which live along it's upper tibia. [My] pants, so loose and comfortable, are that of a Thai fisherman. Their garnet colour fills the mind with the flavour of a fine wine, aged perfectly. The aged earthy-coloured bucket boots below them cover just under the knee; with wooden soles. Buckling together, [my] long holly vest covers [my own] body from a bit into the neck down to it's outer thigh. Underneath that is a naturally coloured, and naturally covered, short kurta. To hide [my] hands are very victorian, finely knitted fingerless gloves, which overlap half-fingered green gloves, which overlap fully fingered gloves of a purple colour. The neck, since I should mention this, is covered by a stocking of sorts. Only black can be seen with it, leading to it's mask. The mask is a strange little thing--it's mouth can move with the jaw, as if it were part of [me]; and the lips are sealed with a seemingly stretchy and thick thread. It's smile is wide, though only darkness shines through--no lips to be seen. The nose is long, and sharp. The chin smoothly covers under the jaw, and the rest of the face does this with their part as well. The eyes are shaded lenses like that of a gas mask. The centre of the lenses each have a yellow dot, as if to imply jaundice. Sometimes, you could think, it moves as a pupil would. The mask continues past the forehead with an attached wig of hair. Feathers would be said more accurate of a description--they are feathers that simulate hair. Black, silken, numerous, reaching down to the upper back. Atop them is a dark nappa leather hat looking like a cornucopia; it's short and curved back making it appear to be a simple cavalier's hat from the front, but possibly a witches hat from the side. The brim is wide and flat. Overall, the hat looks like it has taken a quiet beating, slightly cut and scratched as if it had been out in the traffic. A pretty scarf of red is wrapped thickly around the crown. It's knot on the rear guides the remaining fabric off the edge, reaching [my] neck. Since I've started on accessories, I may as well indulge you in the rest. [I] wears three belts, all ebony and leather. Each of them cross with each other at some point, though not at the buckle, which all three are aligned. A sword is carried, not by them, but a baldric made of MANY shoelaces. While the baldric lies on the outside of the coat, the belts are wrapped around the vest over top a golden sash and two pistols. An assortment of trinkets and such cover it's clothes, unorganized in all. On [my] right thumb is ring carrying a crystallized fairy that no one believed existed.
    Yes, the mask is included. Oh, and ring. :P The sword mentioned would be made out of wood due to personal preference. A waster dha would be neat. Of course, the guns would need to be cap based.

With that description of my truer sense of style, I'd list myself as "Pirate Indie" if that makes any sense. Most of the design comes from independent tailors' ideas that I've derived from. I've been looking through etsy and other places for a while just to find people who could make these. >> I'll probably train myself to sew and stitch so I can do at least the frock myself. (the rest would be easier to just buy. Cheaper for me too.)

This is all rather expensive in the short run (like Gucci expensive), but they should all last me quite some time (except the boots' soles, which will likely need repair every two years). I also want to buy a ship-house, but that's later. (shush you naysayers!)

-------------------

The rest:

Man, that took me longer than I thought it would to write. (Well, it took me less time to write, and more time to edit, stare at, and tell myself that it reads properly and well enough as to not make me sound like a complete idiot...) Hopefully I haven't scared any of you off with my dress preferences either.

Oh, and I like my hair short. Yes, Nameless: SHORT HAIR!

...edited briefly. I don't like to force labels onto people, so I half-hope this topic dies.
    Last edited by Boo; 2009-11-23 at 09:30 AM.