View Single Post

Thread: Of Light, Life and Liches

1. - Top - End - #1160
    Bugbear in the Playground

Flumph

Default Re: Of Light, Life and Liches

"The exact words of the extra-planar being I compelled to reveal information were "The Derguil wields dark magics beyond mortal comprehension, capable of destroying even immortal souls for eternity. He is singularly responsible for ending entire CIVILIZATIONS." Seristra gloats.

"Actually that is still slightly up for debate as it's a matter of interpretation, as the being in question was himself rather untrustworthy" The older Gentleman adds contradicting the old witch and drawing a slight scowl you might take to be an actual point against her.

"In any case the contract you had with your familiar can be broken could it not? Though as it was with a creature of evil to begin with and you handed him a great way to get a promotion, it wouldn't take a genius to see that he'd choose that over continuing to try and turn you to evil. Heck knowing you it might not even be going against your implied orders to start an invasion from Hell. That's what you get for trusting any sort of evil outsider without firm controls and compulsions.. preferably Spirit Wrack for the likes of Imps.. and you wonder why I never let the little soul stealing monstrosity into my shop."

"In any case the damage is done, and there is still life, and with it hope.. Might we worry more about fixing the situation than laying blame. Now if we hope to stop any and all of these threats to our plane we require every asset at our disposal. Let us be frank and take an honest look both at our own resources and the threats before us before we give into despair. Aside from what Seristra has gleaned from her contacts among the planes, what solid intelligence have you on Darvis's doings, other pockets of survivors, the disposition of the King and anything else we might be able to utilize against our manifest foes." The old man than mediates, fixing everyone with a calm yet serious glance. "Our own information is somewhat sketchy reguarding the city due no doubt to interference from Darvis or someone at one point allied with him as it started roughly the time the zombie invasion happened.. limiting us to short range clairvoyance and extra planar sources."
    Last edited by DMfromTheAbyss; 2009-11-30 at 03:38 PM.
    Battle Aura by Tavin Mars
    Spoiler
    Show
    I Will Not Stand By
    I Will Not Give Up
    I Will Let My Presence Be Felt
    To The Utmost of My Ability
    Regardless Of The Battle
    I Shall Fight