Hi,
First of all I love the game.
I have played a little bit with my wife (a 2 player game) and have encountered several questions. I have read through this thread but did not quite understand everything:

1. Ranged attack
1. I am not sure I fully understand how ranged attack works when the target does not have the range:
Let us assume I am playing Haley and attacking using my longbow a monster on the other room which has a range:0 do I automatically win (as they have 0 defense in this range)? If I use the "1" always looses rule is it a draw in such a case? I saw somewhere else that the defense stays but the monster cannot win (i.e. if I lose, its a draw), is this how it is done?
Do the monster abilities apply? for example if it has impervious ability does it mean I can't use my bow? if it has support does it get the bonuses? On the one hand I would say these count because if I didn't have an appropriate shtick then I could still use items that give me bonuses as a player so the target monster should behave the same but on the other hand I saw somewhere that bloodlust would not take effect (the example showed it taking effect on an area effect when one monster had the range and the other had bloodlust and it was explained that if the bloodlust monster would have been alone then the effect would not happen).

When a monster has a range of X. Is this the defense/attack against a ranged attack or is the defense the normal one and it just says that if the range is too low we have a draw if the player looses?

For PvP ranged attack
I saw that you can range attack a player but if you win you have to be in the same room to get the loot. What is the point of making a ranged attack against a player then?

2. Battle stack

Just wanted to make sure I understand the battle stack rules:
Let us say that player A enters a room. We have a three player game (A,B,C). First player C plays monster C1, then player B plays monster B1 then player A plays monster A1.
If I understand correctly, A1 is the top monster to fight then, after it is defeated, B1 can be fought and then C1.
Does this mean that the player puts the third monster on himself (assuming of course it is not a special one that says it goes to the bottom)?

Other than support issues, am I to understand correctly that if there is a larger battle stack the only limitation it adds (barring support issues) is that the player cannot take any loot until all monsters are defeated but it does not make it any harder to fight?

3. balancing issues

In our game I played Roy and my Wife played Haley. What happened was that I only had +2 from the greenhilt sword and my wife had +3 (sneak attack + bow)
At the start of the game she got a couple of bonuses bringing her to +5. she then began to kill stuff and using assistance from the NPC (which were always available limited by loot only) she began to quickly win battles and get stronger and stronger while I stayed with my lowly +2 for a long time (as most of my shticks were relevant for more players).
Pretty soon she began wading through the monsters and I couldn't even begin to evolve.
I guess my question is what can be done to balance this. I guess when there are more players a couple of weak players would gang up on the leading one but here the stronger she got the easier it was for her to kill more monsters while I got stuck.

Anyway thanks in advance for any clarifications you can give me...