View Single Post

Thread: [3.5] Iaijutsu Katana Chucker

1. - Top - End - #22
    Bugbear in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Default Re: [3.5] Iaijutsu Katana Chucker

Quote Originally Posted by The Gilded Duke View Post
    Is there some way to get 10th level bloodstorm blade in there?
    Being able to get a hit in on every single available target with Iajutsu Focus would be really nice.

Maybe...
    Human Fighter 2 (EWP Bastard Sword, Weapon Focus Bastard Sword, Quick Draw, Improved Initative)

Warblade 3 (Pick up Point Blank Shot)

5 Iajitsu Master (Skill Focus Iajitsu from class)

10 Bloodstorm Blade

Should get you everything you need
    Skill Focus should help make your checks, human helps with the skills
    Probably good to get some skill boost items.
    Can use Str to attack and damage, high charisma primary, Strength secondary for your attacks.
    You can drop the Master Thrower if you want, but IMO it is worth it to have all your throws be touch attacks. That, and with the Belt of Battle and TWF and Haste you can hit up to 16 different targets, all of which will probably connect due to being touch attacks. I have personally never been in a situation where I needed to hit any more than that, but whatever works better for yer game.

Quote Originally Posted by Haven
    Better optimizers than I: can this be done with Factotum instead of Samurai?
    Yeah, just get your DM to allow Iaijutsu Focus as a class skill. Samurai is the lvl 1 choice because of that, and this build relies on maxed out Iaijutsu Focus ranks. The 2nd level is cause of the feat and will save mostly.

Quote Originally Posted by Geddoe
    If only that was the case. The rules for using IF in combat state that you apply iaijutsu any round in which you draw a melee weapon and attack in the same round against a flat-footed opponent. This means that true Iaijutsu use in D&D is draw once and make as many attacks as you can make against flat-footed opponents for iaijutsu damage.
    Thats true, but most DM's I have known interpret it as the first attack after the draw. Hell, a DM I am playing under now only gives Leap Attack bonus damage to the first attack if you got pounce, because he reasons that is the only attack that has the momentum of the leap behind it.

Quote Originally Posted by Genzodus
    What about iaijustu-ing sword-chucks? You could probably stuff in some junk about drawing both blades simultaneously by pulling the chain.
    With the Bloodstorm Blade level you can throw ANY melee weapon you want. A sword-chuck would probably count as a double weapon, which as far as I know still counts as a single weapon for the purposes of drawing it, and is drawn in just as much time as any other weapon, so I cant see a problem with doing that. I was thinking about making this build use Fullblades just for milk the epic factor, but carrying about 20 fullblades is no easy task even for minion NPC's.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Gloves of Storing/Gloves of the Master Strategist/Kimono of Storing.

Gloves of Endless Javelins

Servant Horde ("Pick up any weapon I drop and put it back in my scabbard")
    Yup, there are ways to get around it. I was thinking of a homebrew item, a "Scabbard of Endless Katanas" where the current one disappears upon dealing damage and re-appears in the sheathe.

The minion method is what I am assuming here since swords are heavy, especially for a dex build. A minion holding your swords and passing them to you as you reach for them should be allowable. Then he can pack them up nicely when they drop at my feet afterwards.
    Last edited by Choco; 2009-12-08 at 11:19 PM.
    Been there, fought that, died horribly.

Something fun and flavorful to get your DM throwing books at you: Katana Chucker